Celebrity Photographer??

| Friday, July 15, 2011
Photography is a very interesting job for me. Having no limitation with art. I can express my creativity as much as I like. I can expand my abilities for the world to see.


Luckily my artwork was appreciated by one of Malaysia's local celebrity. Farah Anuar aka Farah AF aka Farah Breep Breep. She decided to have us on her 4 main wedding events (Malam Berinai, Solemnization, Bride Reception and Groom Reception). It was and honor for us (Ceritera Cinta) to have that chance as we were chosen among top players in Malaysia's wedding photography.


Thank goodness that art is subjective, which means that there are always something for everyone in my artworks. Today I am standing proudly saying that I am a photographer and wedding is my passion in photography. For the people who use to work with me or were my very own special clients. They will know how much energy and ideas that I have pour into photography.

Photobucket

Getting the chance to shoot celebrity is a new thing for me personally as Farah is my first celebrity client. The feeling is the same, the excitement to shoot remains the same, which mean I don't treat her any different form my previous clients. But shooting for Farah wedding is challenging because of a few things:

Photobucket
Farah in white dress and a great smile

1) Lost of privacy / limited privacy
knowing that a celebrity will draw attention among media and fellow press photographer. Most of the time, other unofficial photographers (UP) will linger around the bride (Farah) and her husband Johan as much as they can. So, even as the official photographer (OP), there are not a chance to be intimate with Farah and Johan to shoot them properly. Giving them instructions to do some poses. Not a chance for that.


2) Cluttered photos
Finding a good angle is hard when it comes to celebrity because all other UP will gather around Farah and Johan in all direction. Creativity plays a big role in this situation. Luckily, I am quite good at this as I had been train as photojurnalist years ago with assignments of much harder than this one. Clutterd photo is part of and art, where by people emotions help to boost the photos impression on viewers. But I prefer a very clean foreground or background in my photography. Simple and relax.


Photobucket
Putrajaya Cruise, the boat where the solemnization ceremony took place yesterday

Those are the two main challenges that I face while doing this job. And this story is under construction as today I will be shooting Bride Reception ceremony. tonite.

Photobucket

it is rare for me to shoot in full baju melayu with songkok and samping


Wishing all the best for today. The team is well-prepared, logistic is A okay, mentally we are all stable even though lack of sleep. Hopefully that the weather for today will always be on our side. No rain, please.
That's it for now, I need to take a power nap. ZZZzz..

P/S : Next time, I'll post the photos of Ceritera Cinta team. Photos for this article came from a non-professional camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2008 KameraMin Blog | Design by Muhaimin